Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Excited!




I looked through last week's The Bookseller and fell back in astonishment when I saw a double page advert for Piatkus - they publish, among other things, a bit of paranormal literature - chick lit, vampire fiction and werewolf paranormal slant fiction - and I am thrilled to the bone. So I emailed them and received a copy of a book to review - between trying to make potatoe rostis and feeding the dog, I've read the first few pages and I laughed out loud with such gusto I set the dog off on a barking fit. Result!


It is going to be a good read - Sleeping with the Fishes by MaryJanice Davidson. I will report back but am just so incredibly thrilled to a) receive a freebie and b) to see the type of fiction I so love "urban modern fantasy" being advertised in a solid magazine such as The Bookseller. And for adults too - no YA here, thank you very much.


So, to prove how thrilled I am, up goes the Piatkus website on the linky section.


Ciao!

No comments: