Friday, January 29, 2010

Away for a bit but...


Hello all!

As you read this Mark and I should be in the wilds of Africa, under the blazing sun...or rather, we should be safely somewhere in Johannesburg visiting my family, visiting, talking, eating, reading, sleeping, shopping...you get the idea!

We've decided that after a very long period of not visiting South Africa that we really should do something to remedy that. So we're taking 2 weeks to do just that - we're visiting my family (and friends like Dave Brendon of Dave Brendon's Fantasy Reviews), going on safari for realz, flying down to Cape Town (maybe on private charter, we'll see if we can pull that one off, but I doubt it) and visiting Mark's family and moar of our friends. I am also hooking up with Lauren Beukes who wrote Moxyland (published by Angry Robot) as I should have a book to hand over to her from Adam Christopher....that is if Royal Mail actually plays along! We're planning to drive all over the Cape province and being real tourists (and hopefully not get mugged) and taking loads of pictures. It will also be my birthday whilst we're over there. I expect a LOT of wishes for the 5th of Feb, people! Make it so! *imperious gesture of making it so*

I've got several reviews set to go live in our absence. Stick around for those. Please do still comment, I've arranged with a friend to check them and set them to go live. We'll be back before you know it and will probably bore everyone to tears with our holiday snaps.

Totsiens, ons gesels later! (That's Afrikaans for: goodbye, we'll chat again soon!)

5 comments:

Nayuleska said...

Have a fantastic trip! Sounds awesome.

prophecygirl said...

Have a great time guys!

Kara said...

Awesome! (I luv cheetahs!) Have a good time!....
I've nominated you for the Happy 101 award:
http://readingcoma.blogspot.com/2010/01/awards.html

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic time!

ediFanoB said...

Get rid of the European winter!

Enjoy your trip!