Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My end of year splurge for 2008



I ordered this a few months ago already and cannot wait for Mr. Postie to deliver it to my grasping little mitts.

It is JK Rowling's Collectors Edition of The Tales of Beedle The Bard from Amazon. Tucked in its own case disguised as a wizarding textbook found in the Hogwarts library, the Collector's Edition includes an exclusive reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction, as well as 10 additional illustrations not found in the Standard Edition or the original. Opening the case reveals a velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling’s signature, in which sits the piece de resistance: your very own copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, complete with metal skull, corners, and clasp; replica gemstones; and emerald ribbon. As a special gift for fans, the Collector's edition also includes a set of 10 ready-for-framing prints of J.K. Rowling's illustrations, enclosed in a velvet-lined pocket in the lid of the outer case.

I am the world's biggest geek - ever. I will also be getting the standard edition, which will be the one I will read. I can only imagine how lovely the collectors edition will look on my shelf with my leatherbound journals and my large oversized boxed Sandman editions. Rubs hands in glee. I will take photos and post them once I receive it...maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday.

4 comments:

Alessandra said...

It looks beatiful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah hate to think of how much that cost you Liz. Still its gorgeous and I think it will bring you a nice bit of pleasure. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, jealousy!! We were supposed to get two copies in, for really rich customers, but then the company went belly-up. :-(

Mark said...

Does that makes us really rich customers then?

Cool!