Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Host, Stephenie Meyer



I am hugely grateful to Chris over at The Book Swede's blog for hosting my review (getit?) of Stephenie Meyer's The Host published by Sphere, an imprint of Little Brown.

The book took the wind out of my sails and I think I might just be converted to becoming a dedicated sci-fi reader...okay, who am I kidding? But like before, I am happy to admit my prejudice was all in the head, and that I genuinely enjoyed this book. And to celebrate, I'm hoping to review Kethani soon, should Solaris decide to send it onto me after I begged and cajoled nicely on Friday.

3 comments:

Ailsa said...

Oh, I LOVED 'The Host'!

So very good. I don't think I would have bought it if I wasn't such a big Stephenie fan, but I'm so glad I did.
And it was good to see that she can write in more than one genre/style - if I hadn't known it was by her, I wouldn't have thought 'Oh, this must be by Stephenie.'

It was a good book, I cried so much! : )

Mark said...

I'm going to nick Liz's copy and devour it this week. She's been gushing about it for days- always a good sign!

Unknown said...

Thanks :) I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'm starting Kethani soon -- it looks good. There's a lot of good sci-fi out there that isn't all physics and hard math -- thankfully!