Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Celebrating: Under 14's Only Month


It is no secret that I utterly love and adore books written for younger folk. From picture books, chap books, illustrated funnies and more serious stuff for older readers, I can't get enough of them.

Between Mark, Essjay and myself, we've decided to dedicate September to indulging our geeky selves into reading as many of these excellent books and reviewing them on MFB to highlight not just the books but the authors and the publishers too.

I sometimes feel that everyone is so crazy about YA at the moment, that a lot of excellent books for younger readers get overlooked, by readers, parents, teachers and librarians. And it's our aim to try and lift the blanket and shine a torch on some of our favourite writers and books we've received at MFB HQ these past few years.

I hope you enjoy visiting with us whilst we read these.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hurray! Some of my favourite books are in this category. There's something so enthusiastic and simple and direct about a children's book - the world is wide open, and anything can happen! I shall read your reviews avidly in search of new pleasures.

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Yay. Where is my list ;)

Vicki said...

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for some recommendation for my little person :-)