Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shortlist - David Gemmell Legend Award for Fantasy

Because life's been too busy recently, we've not had the chance to really support the David Gemmell Legend Award for Fantasy that much. Well, not since we worked as volunteers at the inaugural event and it's something both Mark and I feel keenly about.  So this year we'll be doing our best to bring you the word as it all goes down. 

This weekend past the shortlisted titles were announced and here they are:

Legend Award

This award is for the best fantasy novel of the year, that holds David Gemmell's writing close to it's heart.







Morningstar Award

This award welcomes new writers to the folds of fantasy writing!






Ravenheart Award

This award celebrates some superb art we see on covers!







Hopefully I can get my butt in gear and read some of these before the awards are announced in July. What I can tell you about the book I'm halfway through - Heir of Night - is that I am honestly loving it.  The writing is super easy on the eye, there are no jarring bits that I've come across and I am liking the world that the author's created.  In fact, I am enjoying Helen Lowe's writing so much, I've ordered her book for younger readers too!

No comments: