Friday, October 02, 2009

**Competition Time - The Hollow, Jessica Verday**


I reviewed The Hollow by Jessica Verday here and now I've been offered the opportunity to give five copies away by her UK publishers, Simon and Schuster.

This pleases me greatly - for reasons which I can reveal as follows:
1. It is the perfect time of year to read The Hollow. Autumn is drawing its blanket around us and we definitely want to get into darker stranger books.

2. Although I didn't personally love the book madly I felt that this is a book to be aware of as a reader and reviewer because I suspect book 2 is going to be an animal and good fun. The potential is there and if I can get more peeps to read it and consider it, the author has already won.

3. I want people to share in the booklove I get from publishers and this competition is a pretty cool one. Also, it matches up with our Monster Mash Up we're currently having on the blog.

So - to enter this competition email us at this email address with your name. Please note this is open to UK entrants only. The competition runs from today, 2nd October till 9th October (which is my tenth wedding anniversary!!) uhm, and Random.org will be choosing the FIVE winners.

I was casting around for some pics to add to this and spotted this one on Jessica Verday's site and I have to say, I love it. Just look at the book love in her eyes.










2 comments:

Ailsa said...

Ooh, I'll bite! *goes to enter* It would be interesting to read the book after your review - I'd like to see whether I agree about the bits you didn't like or not.I want to read some more YA books - I've seen so many nice reviews recently for them.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

I've sent you an email, I'd love to review this, too!

Thanks for the chance.