Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday 13th = Rachel Caine Loving!

Bio:

Rachel Caine is the author of more than fifteen novels, including the Weather Warden series. She was born in White Sands Missile Range, which people who know her say explains a lot. She has been an accountant, a professional musician, and an insurance investigator, and still carries on a secret indentity in the corporate world. She and her husband, fantasy artist R. Cat Conrad, live in Texas with their iguanas, Pop-eye and Darwin, a mali uromastyx named (appropriately) O`Malley, and a leopard tortoise names Shelley (for the poet of course).

Cool fact number 1:

Rachel's newest addition to her Morganville Vampire books for the YA market is released today in the UK - Friday 13th, which you have to admit, is super cool of her publishers Allison and Busby - and the newest novel is called Feast of Fools.

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town’s living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It’s only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he’s set for Morganville.

The fun thing about the UK covers: they glow in the dark. Which I think makes them good fun to own.

The other novels thus far are:

1. Glass Houses (reviewed here)
2. Dead Girl's Dance (soon to be reviewed)
3. Midnight Alley
4. Feast of Fools

Second Cool Fact:

If all goes to plan, Rachel will be visiting the UK in the latter part of May '09. There will be signings, there will also be interviews, competitions and freebies in the form of transferable tatoos and bracelets. Things need to be agreed still but it looks like I may get the opportunity to interview Rachel - and we'll be able to run a competition on MFB. All of this depends on her actual schedule whilst she's here - so hold thumbs for shiny goodies to be had.

4 comments:

Suzanne McLeod said...

I want to come on that interview with you, pleeease... I could pretend to be your assistant, or maybe hide in your bag? I'll try not to squeeee to much ...

Suzanne McLeod said...

or even tooooo much *g*

Liz said...

@ Suzanne - you and me both! I'll keep you upated when I find out more news from A&B. I did warn them that there will be a crowd of adoring fans fawning over poor Rachel as soon as the news leaked - but they were pretty sure they could handle us!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!!

I am so excited to be visiting you guys, I can't even tell you ... I'm waiting to find out from A&B about my schedule, but I know we'll work out the interview, and possibly a fan dinner or something.

And yes, I will be bringing goodies with me, I promise!

Stay tuned to my LJ (http://rachelcaine.livejournal.com) for more details as I get them ...

Okay, I have to go back to work on the 7th Morganville book now. Thank you for the wonderful post!

Rachel